Green Pea Vegan Soup
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 15 mins Serves: 4
Ingredients: Resource from vibrantplate.com
3 cloves garlic
1 large potato or 2 smaller ones
2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
3 cups vegetable broth or water
1-2 tbsps. nutritional yeast
1 tbs vegetable oil
Salt, pepper to taste
fresh herbs to taste; parsley, lovage
1 tbs lemon juice
plant-based yogurt or cream
1. Peel and finely dice onion and garlic cloves. Peel and dice potato.
2. In a pot, heat a table spoon of vegetable oil, then add onion and garlic and
gently fry until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add diced potatoes and
peas, pour over with vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper and
finely chopped fresh herbs to taste.
3. Let it simmer and cook on low for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes and
peas are fork-tender. Then, remove from heat, add a tablespoon of lemon
juice and blend until smooth in a blender (or with an immersion blender).
4. Pour pea soup in bowls and serve.
5. Optionally you can decorate with some plant-based yogurt or cream, a
drizzle of olive oil, some thyme, a teaspoon of chopped peanuts